Poem must be in English or Hindi.
The competition is open to Indian nationals.
You must be 14 years and above.
Poem should be original work of the participant.
Any length and style of poetry is accepted.
Previously published poems are allowed.
Entry fee is INR 500 for one poem and INR 1000 for three poems.
Beginners are encouraged to participate.
Copyright of the poem remains with the author.
1. Can I submit poems already posted on my personal blog/instagram/facebook page?
Yes, previously published poems are allowed.
2. What themes of poetry do you accept?
We welcome all themes of poetry. The most common themes that we receive are love and heartbreak, loneliness, nature, the highs and lows of everyday life, family, friendship and dreams.
3. Do I have to recite my poem somewhere?
No, this is a written competition only. You don't have to recite or perform the poem.
4. Do I have to come to Delhi to receive my prize money?
No, you don't have to travel to Delhi to receive your prize money. We wire the money to the winners' bank accounts.
5. Are participants allowed to send multiple entries?
Yes, of course. Participants can send as many as entries as they like by paying the respective entry fee.
6. Can I win more than one award?
Poems are judged individually. Each poem is eligible to win an award, hence a single poet may win more than one prize.
7. I submitted my poem already. What happened to it?
Entries submitted in earlier periods have already been forwarded to the judges. Results will be announced in the first week of December.